RSR Research’s assessment of key themes from the NRF (US) “Big show” last month and their research themes for the year.
A key point from the show is a number of OMS vendors coming to the fore for omnichannel: Kibo, Aptos, Manhattan.
Reports for the year (all free for a registration, won’t generate spam)
- The Customer Experience Report (released on their website)
- The Agile Supply Chain Report Release Date: Due: February 9, 2023
- The Transformed Workforce Report Release Date: March 16, 2023
- Resiliency & Sustainability As A Business Strategy Report Release Date: April 13, 2023
- The Role Of Analytics To Optimize The Business Report Release Date: June 15, 2023
- The Future Of Consumer Engagement Platforms Report Release Date: August 17, 2023
- The Transformed Store Report Release Date: September 14, 2023
- Digital Transformation Of The Retail Business Model Report Release Date: October 19, 2023
- What Commerce Looks Like Today & Tomorrow Report Release Date: November 16, 2023
Who are RSR research? A long standing boutique advisory firm, the principals have all worked for retailers (in various senior managerial capacities, IT and IT adjacent). They focus on survey based research to understand the drivers and barriers for change in key operational/system areas. Funded by solution providers to identify relevant business context and improve their “go to market”, with advisory services to solution providers and occasionally direct to retailers. They don’t rank/review solutions (no waves or magic quadrants).
I have found their reports interesting over the years.